Saturday, April 11, 2020

Homeschooling: Science and Shop Class

I'm not gonna lie...  I'm a friggin' genius!  I'm clever with my cleverness, which I don't believe that many people can claim. 

So last Spring,  when we were going thru the previous Armageddon (pre COVID19),  the flooding, mostly down the Missouri river and washing out the fold around Omaha  and South of there,  I was told by a co-worker that it would be a good time to buy beef since so many head of cattle were being washed away.

Made sense to me and we put in an order for some beef as we were pretty low anyway.

In that, there were two briskets that have just been killing me since I no longer have a smoker.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, the utter and complete nonsense of NOT owning a smoker ended TODAY!!!

Caleb and I built one today and I'm about to take you on the magical journey that will provide us with magical meats!!!



Remember metal coffee cans?  Well, they were great for a number of reasons, and here we have one.


The hinge.  This will figure in later.


The hole.  Which will figure in later.


The old masonry blade with an L bracket screwed to it will figure in later.


The "Tool Box Grill" that will also figure in later but is also the focus of the hillbilly-like post.


Another angle of the same sexy beast!


My fearless and loyal helper filing down the sharp edges of the "smoke holes".

The very-nearly-finished product being inspected by my partner in crime.  This boy was 100% in from the first time I told him of my silly-arse idea.

The fire chamber with an old saw blade as the door.

Pretty much a finished product at this point.

1 comment: