Thursday, January 23, 2020

Truck, Truck, Loose!

So I got home from work Wednesday afternoon, a bit late, but parked in my normal spot.  I carefully got out of the truck, carefully - since I fell in nearly that exact same spot on the previous Saturday,  surveyed the yard/driveway, walked around the truck to the passengers side to get my lunch box and work computer.  Once all was in hand, I went into the house to greet the doggies and Caleb.  I did that, looked back out the window and all was well.  I changed my clothes and talked with Caleb for a bit when it was time to go back outside to go pick up Rob from school.  My truck had slid down the driveway and off into the yard.  


"How did I get it out?", you ask?
Not easily, it turns out.  The yard slants towards the creek (lined with  the trees in the picture) so as I started trying to back up, it slid further and further into the yard.  I almost made it back onto the driveway at one point but the slight hump permitted me from being successful.  I paused and surveyed my new situation as I didn't want to put the truck into the creek and raise my towing bill exponentially!  I finally rocked it back and forth enough to free it.  Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment