Friday, November 15, 2019

(Uncontrolled) Fire in the Creek!

I had a ton of garbage to burn and while there was a lot of dry leaves,  there wasn't hardly any wind, so I figured I was good.  About 2 minutes after lighting the fire,  a strong gust of wind blew and then it kept blowing...  and blowing.  Next thing I know is that the tree I hauled away for a buddy in West Des Moines had been ignited and was now raging!!  The smoke with the papers towards the right of the picture is my garbage pile.  Where the big fire is, is where I put his tree debris.

Better shot of the distance betwixt the two areas.  It's probably a full 20 feet.


Good shot to see the other tree that recently fell but had the good sense to fall into the creek so I didn't immediately have to deal with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment