Monday, September 3, 2018

Hawaii Vaca, Post 29 - Day 10 Part 3 - The Luau

It was fun looking back thru these pictures as it's been long enough that I had already forgotten about some of this stuff.  I wasn't really sure what to think of a Luau as I had no real point of reference, but it was interesting and fun.

That being said, I don't think that I would ever need to go to another one.



I think we were at Luau Kalamaku, which also includes Gaylords Plantation, Koloa Rum & the Kauai Plantation Railway in the same central grounds.  Those were our greeters but they weren't there when we got there a bit early.

What's funny about it is if you zoom in a bit, one gal is looking at her fingernails as is one of the fellas, and the rest of them just kind of appear to be spacing off.  Then, when people finally started coming in, it was like a switched was flipped and they were all smiles and happy little greeters.

If that mountain range looks familiar to you, it's because that was the range that was so prominently featured in our ATV tour!

Robert James stalking the grounds.

I no longer recall this gals name but she was the highlight of the night!!  She was our server for our Rum sampling session and it was apparent that she is in the perfect job for her personality!

Some locally made jewelry and wood carvings for sale.

That dude sitting on the ground is the wood carver.


LOL!!!  Not exactly sure what's going on here...

I was taken aback by how large this place is!  I took a good number of pictures just of the facility.

Look at that lovely little Chinese kid up there learning the dance!



Fire dancers.


The mobile chaos unit!
I am not a dancer.  I'm not good at it.  I look like a jiggily water balloon when I attempt to dance.  That being said, it's our final night in Hawaii and there was an opportunity to dance with my bride of 25 years on an island of paradise.  Who wouldn't take THAT opportunity!?





The Luau told a story but I'm not exactly sure what that story was any more.  

It was a fun night, but it was dark out by the time we left and started raining really friggin' hard shortly after that!  That road back to our cottage was a bit dicey in the heavy rain and they also had huge construction lights set up to work on the road during the overnights.  So we had construction delays too.

Time for bed when we got back!

No comments:

Post a Comment