Friday, June 22, 2018

2018 Riverside Bible Camp, Pick Up #1

Well, thankfully, the four of us are back together again! 

Oh sure, it's only for about 45 hours until we drop Robby off at camp on Sunday, but back together non-the-less!

Picking the kids up from camp is as AWESOME as dropping them off is sucky.  Yes, that's a word.

When you drop them off, you worry about their cabin-mates, of whom you don't know a thing.  Will they get along with the counselors?  Will the weather behave (it did NOT behave for Calebs camp and part of his adventure got flooded out) and so on with other worries.  

When the boys go to camp, I try not to pay attention to the weather forecasts, severe weather alerts and so on, as there is simply not a dang thing you can do if something pops up.  For instance, I was outside playing basketball with Robby this week and the sky to the Northwest was just stupid mean looking.  I wanted to look at radar for our own safety, but didn't because I knew I would focus in on the area of Riverside.

So later, I checked Facebook and sure enough, there was a tornado on the ground 3 miles North of Perry and heading East, and a bit North...  so basically, towards Riverside.  I told myself, "God can be there SO MUCH FASTER than I can, He will handle it.".

Turns out, the tornado fizzled shortly after being on the ground...  BUT, they did get a bunch of rain at camp.

Anyway, picking kids up rules because the worship at the end of camp is something that you have to see to believe.  Those kids are ON FIRE!!  They drown out the music when they're singing along and the energy coming from them is so intense!

Then there's the drive home.

The boys get in the vehicle and start recounting their week and it's just a barrage of verbal spillage.  

Today was no different.  He was wound up and giving us random details of events in no certain order and it was funny as crap to listen too!

Best of all, he's back in our arms!

It's blurry because the little varmints move kinda fast.  But this is the walk-in when they come down the aisle with their cabin mates.

This is during their Bible verse recitation.  Caleb's in there and I can see him.  Can you?

Again, he's in there somewhere, can you find him?   This is during the first song that they did.  I took a bit of video but I didn't capture the more fervent moments of this song (which I had not heard before).

The boy was seriously talking nearly constantly on the way home and could barely finish a sentence before the next subject/thought came bursting forth and he started talking about that.  Suddenly, mid-sentence, he crapped out and was asleep until we slowed down to get the mail at our driveway.

I love it, I love it, I love it!!!  He was torn!  Robby didn't go with us because he goes to camp on Sunday and didn't want to ruin the surprise of the closing worship.  When I gave him the choice and he slowly declined, he came back and yelled, "Tell Caleb I love him!!".  This is when we got into the house tonight! My heart swells!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment