Monday, May 14, 2018

Mow, Mow, Mow Your Yard...

So, I can't mow. I had back surgery on April 26th and should be out of commission for this kind of work for roughly 90 days. That takes us all the way until the end of July, roughly speaking. 

This is the time of the year that I dearly love mowing! It's the first part of Spring, everything is greening up like crazy, the rains are falling heavy and often.  

And to mow is to fit your schedule into natures, NOT the other way around.  

But here I am, if I want to heal, I need to NOT do the stuff that I LOVE to do this time of the year.

So who will do it for me?  The 2 little critters of course!

Robby has already been mowing some of the yard for the past two seasons but this is the first year that Calebber has enough meat on his bones to mow by himself.

I gave him some quick lessons tonight about safety and how to shut'er down quick if the beast gets out of control on a feller, and so on.  He did great, mowing slow and taking it carefully!

That's Robby out cutting the main, unobstructed area in the front yard.

That's Caleb on his maiden voyage!




And so the summer will go!  I will mow little dangerous areas and the boys will get the "joy" of doing the bulk of the work.  I think they'll learn to love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment