Monday, October 23, 2017

Revisiting Some Important Historical Stuffs!

A few weeks back, we needed to be back in my hometown of Waterloo, IA. for a visitation.  Turns out that the funeral home was under two miles from an important historical marker for our family; the place where I proposed to my lovely bride on April 30th, 1991.

On that date, the water in Black Hawk creek behind us was pretty close to the rock due as we had had some significant rainfall.  The floodgates were only open to a width of about two feet and we probably shouldn't have been in there, but we were.


You can't tell from the photo, but my leg, which had been feeling pretty good all day long, was starting to hurt as our photographer (Robby and Caleb) were taking a LONG time trying to get different settings on the phone camera! I'm not as young and spry as I was back in 1991.

No comments:

Post a Comment