Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Vacation 2015, #20 - Redwoods

One post so far in the month of October and it's nearly 3/4's over... 

I don't know what to say.  I HAVE nothing to say...  I'm tired and when I get home from work after staring at a screen all day, I don't really want to stare at another one.  That being said, I haven't exactly been busting out the outside jobs that are needing my attention lately either.

So what does all of that mean?  It means I'm getting old, fat and lazy!!

Regardless, we're now on to the 20th post from last years 5500 mile vacation in a mini-van.  This time we find ourselves in Northern California somewhere where there are redwood trees.  I really can't remember where we were at during this visit...  so maybe, I'm old, fat and forgetful?






At the base of a fallen redwood tree.  That's Aunt Molly and Robby in the pic.

I think this was the same tree that had been felled, this time with two cuties who look WAY younger and smaller than they do these 15 months later!  Yikes!!

Daddy and the boys at the base of a tree.


And to get an idea of how big these buggers are, check that out!!  My "wingspan" has got to be around 7 ft, so I would guess the four of us together is somewhere near 22 - 24 ft.  This poor tree has got us by probably another 4 or 5 ft across!!!

Amazing, to say the least...



No comments:

Post a Comment