Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Baptism Of Caleb Rongbo Schmitz

Sunday, February 28th, 2016 will go down in history as not much of anything, unless you were part of the Schmitz Mobile Chaos Unit! 

You see, we baptized a wonderful gift from God on this day;  his name is Caleb Rongbo Schmitz.

Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for giving me Robby & Caleb.  They make life full and beyond worth living!  They are the essence of life and they remind me of that fact every. single. day.  

Just earlier today, I looked out the front window and there were, to the best of my counting abilities, 10 kids out in the front yard. Now, I can account for a good percentage of them; Robby & Caleb, the two lads that I pick up from school on Tuesday and Thursday, Max & Jack, and the two brothers from across the road, Titus and Tobin. Oh, and our little neighbor dude, Ryan.  The other 3?  Dunno...

But, cool non-the-less!  Turns out one of them was Titus and Tobin's little sister Trista.  She was a delight to have around and as Robby put it, "I love that she came over too! Dad, she's LEGIT!".

Can't beat that!

Anyway...  back to baptism Sunday.  It was a great day that was a LONG time in the making.  Let's have a look at some pics, shall we?


Two gorgeous characters before we left for services.


Photobomb by DAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD!!!!!!


The eldest.


The younger....


A nervous Chinaman awaiting services to begin!


The ever lens-pleasant Robby, giving a nice pre-service grin.


Speaking of lens-pleasant....  the often imitated but never duplicated, JB!  Grandpa Jim in his regal splendor!


Cuteness personified!!!


Nervous boy with his daddy.




The mobile chaos unit with some questionable characters in the background!


Getting ready for the big moment.


That's MY BOY, right there!!!!


Apprehensive Caleb and his supportive family.


The big moment! The bigger thing about the moment itself is that I got to baptize the lad!  I wanted too.  He wanted me to do it as well, and Noah, the other fella in the photos, had requested to do the baptism as he and I had played guitar together in a previous worship based band.  I asked if I could do the baptism myself and no worries, done deal.  I would describe that as a powerful moment and was imagining the moment of John the baptist in the Jordan river with Jesus...   JESUS!  Yes, that one!!! 


The big moment from some friends' camera.


Calebber getting the mark of the cross with Holy water from my friend Noah Ruppert!


Caleb with Grandma Elaine, Grandpa Jim & Grandma Marlene in one of my favorite photos... possibly ever!


On top of all of that, it was the kids weekend to sing!  Calebber is in the bottom left and Rob is one striped shirt away from the upper right.

No comments:

Post a Comment