Sunday, January 6, 2013

Random Happenin's from the 'Hill, 2013

Doesn't seem possible that kids (and Momma!) are heading back to school, and I'm beginning my second week of work in the new year, but that's where I find myself.

Since our last visit, Momma organized a play date with one of Robby's friends from school.  The went to Incredible Pizza for lots of games and, uh... pizza, along with other food.  Then they came back to our house and played like a bunch of wild donkeys.

It was a big day of playing that all three boys did not want to come to an end and did everything in their power to prolong it.

Saturday was the first rounds of the NFL play-offs and while neither game was great, it allowed me a good reason to sit and do absolutely nothing all day long as I was not feeling great. 

I also had the boys go out and clean some of the snow off the deck as well since the temps were supposed to be a little warmer and we had thus far neglected it since the pre-Christmas snow storm.

They did some good work.  I had cut a path over to the steps from the door, but my back does not enjoy that kind of work anymore. 

Caleb likes this kind of work but I had to threaten Robby to get him out there.  And of course, after he's out there for 40 minutes or so, he says, "Dad, this work is hard, but it's also kinda fun!".  Typical Robby.

The ham n' eggers jacking around as the ham n' eggers do.

And Caleb got hold of the camera again, which is not necessarily the most desirable thing but as a general rule, he's pretty careful.  The problem is that you usually have to delete about 400 photos of random things like curtains, blankets, balloons and so on.  This time though, there was a delightful self-protrait of himself. 


Sunday was round two of the playoffs and saw Daddy getting crazy bad sick again. I'm growing quite weary of this feeling somewhat decent for maybe a week/10 days and then have another couple of days where I feel incredibly bad, like today! 

Oh well, it too shall pass.

Robby began swimming again for the new semester this afternoon.  He really seems to enjoy it and has his first swim meet next Saturday afternoon.

That's about all of the happenin's from our humble abode. 

No comments:

Post a Comment