Well, by God or by golly, we're starting another vacation series of posts and this one is going to be a doosie! All 4 of us are adults by age (I'm 56 and still trying to qualify... just kidding, I never wanted that title!) and have our own phones and experiences. I only have pics from me and Mama Chao's phone so far. We spent the whole day travelling so there can't be all that much variation.
As usual, I journaled the vaca so I'll try to tell the story as it happened and whether I succeed or not is up to you. Let's get after it!We left home around 3:45 on Tuesday, July 28th and arrived in Minneapolis at our hotel around 8pm. Caleb drove the first leg up to Clear Lake/Mason City exit, where I took over and brought it all home.
We had a late dinner at Woolley's Kitchen & Bar inside the hotel and the pretty much hit the proverbial hay after that. Last year when we went to Jamaica with another band of pirates, Mama Chaos went to our room before I left the restaurant and when I finally went up, I couldn't remember our room number. I thought I was a genius and would just scan my room key on every door until one opened. Right?
No dice. As it turns out, the hotels have a security measure where if you scan your room card twice unsuccessfully, it's automatically deactivated. I'll be d@mned... I avoided that this time around and everything went off without a hassle and we had some good food to boot!
Day 2 is coming soon with lots of pics from the plane and drive from Anchorage to Seward.
No dice. As it turns out, the hotels have a security measure where if you scan your room card twice unsuccessfully, it's automatically deactivated. I'll be d@mned... I avoided that this time around and everything went off without a hassle and we had some good food to boot!
Day 2 is coming soon with lots of pics from the plane and drive from Anchorage to Seward.
No comments:
Post a Comment